Open Contractor Position: Rio Arriba Community Organizer
Conservation Voters New Mexico Education Fund (CVNMEF) believes that protecting our environment begins with the people of New Mexico. We do this by engaging the people of New Mexico in our long-standing shared values of protecting our air, land, water and the health of our communities. We do this by mobilizing people to advocate on policy, enhancing the voting process, encouraging people to vote, cultivating conservation leaders and amplifying the voices of those most affected.
Scope of Work:
The role of the Rio Arriba Community Organizer is to implement grassroots organizing activities that raise awareness around the impacts of oil and gas, and build support for renewable energy. This is a temporary contract position, ideal for an independent contract with knowledge of Rio Arriba County and has community organizing experience.
Job Activities Include:
- Work with CVNMEF to implement a campaign plan that will include community presentations, tabling, petitioning, canvassing (as needed), earned media, social media, phone calls, letter-writing and volunteer trainings.
- Follow up with community members who have taken action by phone or email to engage them further.
- Participate in key partner meetings to advance campaign goals.
- Recruit and train volunteers by organizing and facilitating skills trainings.
- Conduct phone banks, including managing lists and creating phone scripts.
- Plan volunteer and activist events, including press events or community meetings.
- Tracking campaign successes and data entry for reporting.
Contract Point of Contact: CVNMEF’s Program Director, Molly Sanders
To apply: please send your resume, cover letter, and a brief explanation of how you would approach this work to Molly Sanders at Molly@cvnm.org. No calls please.
Conservation Voters New Mexico Education Fund is an equal opportunity employer