Open Contractor Position: Juntos: Our Air, Our Water Youth Organizer
Conservation Voters New Mexico Education Fund (CVNMEF) believes that protecting our environment begins with the people of New Mexico. We do this by engaging the people of New Mexico in our long-standing shared values of protecting our air, land, water and the health of our communities. We do this by mobilizing people to advocate on policy, enhancing the voting process, encouraging people to vote, cultivating conservation leaders and amplifying the voices of those most affected.
Scope of Work:
The role of the youth organizer is to implement grassroots organizing activities that involve raising awareness of the need to transition school buses from diesel to electric at schools (with a focus on students and teachers) in the South Valley and Westgate communities. The ideal candidate has organizing or leadership development experience. This contract will span from September 2017 through December 2017.
Project Scope of Work Includes:
- Implement organizing strategies to collect 200 petition signatures in support of the campaign through tabling, canvassing, and outreach at schools.
- Support youth volunteers and leaders in collecting 50 teacher signatures in support of the campaign.
- Identifying and organizing opportunities to engage action-takers in the campaign over the course of the contract.
- Work with the CVNM-EF Program Director to amplify at least 5 stories from youth leaders and volunteers related to the campaign through the press, social media, email, etc.
- Work with Mothers Organizer to organize a neighborhood canvass in October to collect petitions before the October 31st deadline.
- Assist Outreach Coordinator and Mothers Organizer in organizing a campaign petition delivery in November and posada in December, with a focus on engaging mother volunteers and leaders at each.
- Participating in campaign strategy meetings, as needed.
- Ensuring timely data-entry and updating for petition collection, meetings, and relationship building.
- Assisting CVNM-EF and Juntos in planning for 2018 of program goals through in-person meetings with CVNM-EF Program Director, Chispa, and/or mother volunteers and leaders.
Contract Point of Contact: CVNMEF Program Director, Molly Sanders
To apply: please send your resume, cover letter, and a brief explanation of why you are interested in this work to Molly Sanders at Molly@cvnm.org. No calls please.
Conservation Voters New Mexico Education Fund is an equal opportunity employer