Title: Juntos Program Coordinator
Reports to: CVNMEF Program Director
Conservation Voters New Mexico Education Fund (CVNMEF) is a statewide nonprofit environmental organization that believes that protecting our environment begins with the people of New Mexico. We do this by engaging the people of New Mexico in our long-standing shared values of protecting our air, land, water and the health of our communities. We do this by mobilizing people to advocate on policy, enhancing the voting process, encouraging people to vote, cultivating conservation leaders and amplifying the voices of those most affected.
CVNMEF launched our program Juntos: Our Air, Our Water in 2014 in partnership with the League of Conservation Voter’s Chispa. Juntos is a grassroots community organizing program that works to ensure that Latino communities in Albuquerque have a strong voice and the power to influence local, state and national decisions that impact their health and environment.
We are seeking a full-time Program Coordinator to join our Albuquerque-based Juntos team. The Program Coordinator will be an experienced program manager or associate with community organizing and supervisory experience. This role will be responsible for coordinating and implementing a campaign focused on engaging and building relationships with Latino families and decision-makers in Albuquerque to take action in the fight against pollution and climate change by transitioning school buses from diesel to electric. We are looking for a creative, ambitious, experienced leader and community organizer who is goal driven, and experienced in supporting talented staff while also building individual and collective power in low income and communities of color. This position also requires the ability to work a non-standard work week, including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Motivate and manage Juntos organizer(s) and/or contracts to achieve campaign and organizational goals, including direct supervision and oversight of employees and/or contractors.
- Work closely with Juntos Organizer(s) and CVNMEF Program Director to shape, guide, and evaluate, issue-organizing campaigns that successfully recruit constituents, build grassroots leaders and get the attention of decision-makers and media.
- Oversee development and implementation of key strategies to achieve Juntos campaign goals.
- Build relationships with community organizations, labor unions, health groups, schools, churches, etc. who we can work with in partnership to advance shared goals.
- Work with organizer(s) to build, develop and train a grassroots base of dedicated community volunteers and will have a long-term voice for environmental justice and community health policies in the community.
- Work with organizer(s) to identify new members and activists through one-on-one meetings, presentations, door-knocking and other outreach methods, including canvassing, phone banking, and presenting to bi-lingual and multi-cultural audiences.
- Assist CVNMEF Program Director with meeting reporting requirements, including managing weekly reports to LCV/Chispa.
- Minimum 4+ years in grassroots community, issue or labor organizing programs.
- Minimum 2+ years in a supervisory role.
- Successful track record of grassroots organizing, training volunteers, leadership development, implementing strategies and tactics, and forming alliances with other groups.
- Experience with program oversight, including program management and strategy development.
- Experience with VAN and Excel is highly preferred.
- Excellent spoken and written English and Spanish language skills.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to amplify the voice and leadership of communities of color in New Mexico.
- Must be able to work a non-standard work week, including nights and weekends on occasion.
- Must be able to implement key organizing and campaign strategies like door-to-door canvassing, phone banking and public speaking.
- Both in-state and out-of-state travel may be required.
To Apply: Please send your resume, cover letter, and 3 references to email@example.com no later than December 6th 2017 with “Juntos Program Coordinator” in the subject line.
CVNMEF is an equal opportunity employer committed to racial justice and equity in the workplace.